It is a RACE WE CAN WIN with sustainable practices!
And AMANN has it woven into its DNA. Since its inception in 1854, AMANN Group has pioneered in innovative threads and yarns while making a conscious effort in protecting the environment and the community they are in. In a fitting acknowledgement, AMANN finds place in the Top 50 Sustainability & Climate Leaders announced by UN recently as a representative of the textile industry. It is a reflection of the company’s commitment to sustainability and climate protection.
The UN Global Compact is the world’s biggest and significant initiative in instilling responsible corporate management. It advocates 10 universal principles and Sustainable Development Goals with a vision to create an inclusive and sustainable global economy.
In his reaction, Bodo Th. Bölzle, Chairman – Management Board & CEO shares: “In the history of AMANN, integrating the 10 principles of the UN Global Compact is a logical step.”
In the year 2000, AMANN Group received its environmental management certificate ISO 14001, reiterating its history of maintaining its sustainable practices. The group is aware of positive changes that are needed to be applied across the industry. Every year roughly 92 million tons of textile waste is generated across the world yet only a small percentage is recycled in the proper manner.
The 10 principles of the UN Global Compact state that business should –
1. Support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights.
2. Make sure that they are not complicit in human rights abuses.
3. Uphold the freedom of association and the effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining.
4. Uphold the elimination of all forms of forced and compulsory labour.
5. Uphold the effective abolition of child labour.
6. Uphold the elimination of discrimination in respect of employment and occupation.
7. Support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges.
8. Undertake initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility.
9. Encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies.
And, 10. Work against corruption in all its forms, including extortion and bribery.
AMANN Group already complies with 7 out of the 10 principles. In addition, AMANN is taking lead in creating a sustainable future by preparing a blueprint of sustainable operating standards for all its global facilities.